I totally bought this bottle of Sexy Swagg Black Bronzer because it was pink, so sue me! *wink*
Pauly D's line of tanning lotions is made and manufactured by Devoted Creations. Their website describes the Sexy Swagg Black Bronzer:
"Intoxicatingly Sexy. Bathe your skin in the silkiest, softest tanning créme, and give your body the attention its been craving. Enriched with a luxurious toning, tightening and Tattoo Fade Protecting formula, Pauly D's Sexy Swagg™ will be your guiltiest pleasure. This provocatively dark bronzer, and intoxicating fragrance will be sure to keep all of your senses heightened.
DHA Formula blended with natural bronzers providing anti-aging and skin firming benefits with RevitaFit and Matrixyl™. This lotion with an Exotic Kiss fragrance uses a unique Tattoo Fade Protecting complex that works during and after your tanning session to facilitate the natural tanning process.
Blended with multiple accelerators that work to target melanin production and achieve fast, dark tanning results.
- RevitaFit – Tones & tightens the skin.
- Matrixyl™ - targeted anti-aging complex that reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles for long-lasting results.
- MelanoBronze Technology - enhances the skin’s natural pigmentation to help build a natural and healthy looking tan. This technology continues to work long after UV exposure to protect the skin and stimulate melanin in the melanocytes for a faster, darker tan.
- Subliskin™ - provides and anti-aging and skin tightening moisture barrier.
- FreshTek – proprietary blend of deodorizing and skin freshening ingredients."
My Review, of course with the Pros and Cons!
- When they say intoxicating fragrance, oh boy they aren't kidding! I seriously can't stop smelling myself. This is one of the few tanning products that smells delicious before AND after tanning.
- Smooth, Silky texture. It doesn't have the full silicone texture, but has a very smooth application.
- Price. For $30 you can get this lotion on Amazon. Beware of upcharging at the Salons.
- Pretty Packaging. I'm a sucker for this. A plain bottle isn't going to catch my eye as much as a bright pink blinged one will! :)
- Immediate color. The caffeine in this product brings color to the top of your skin, which is great if you need a quick tan with a little bit of color right away!
- Not a ton of DHA bronzers. DHA bronzers are known to turn you orange and wash off in the shower. This lotion has the perfect blend that doesn't turn your palms (or your body!) orange, but beware you will get the best color if you wait a few hours to shower. Natural bronzers = the ones that don't stick to your skin for too long.
- This lotion truly does work for all skin types. It's formulated to work with your natural skin tone to give you the darkest color, so don't fret for those that may be pigment-challenged! Since summer is right around the corner, this is a great product for beginners especially.
- DHA/Natural Bronzers. While anything claiming to be a "black bronzer" is going to have DHA in it to give you immediate color, Natural bronzers is a term I personally never want to hear in a tanning lotion. I love a deep dark tan and a natural bronzer isn't going to give you that.
|Left: Before, Right, After|
Overall, I don't have many bad things to say about Pauly D's Sexy Swagg Black Bronzer! The best part is that it works with all skin types. It doesn't target the more experienced tanners or the beginners. I still believe Snooki's Ultra Dark Black Bronzer is the best out of the three, but that is my opinion.
*disclaimer- I am in no way affiliated with Jersey Shore or MTV. These products were purchased with my own money and reviewed with an un-biased opinion.
If you wish to send me products from your tanning line to review, please contact me here.